Mechanical Breakdown Cover
Sometimes called Extended Warranty, this product safeguards you in case of faults or breakdowns giving you added security and peace of mind. It covers the major mechanical and electrical items of your vehicle.
This cover protects customers against surprises when buying a new or used vehicle. These products provide similar protection to what you may get when buying through a dealer.
- You can choose the vehicle you want, without concern for warranty.
- May be financed if you take a car loan OR
- May be purchased using any major credit card and Pay by the month facilities may be arranged
- Some of the products can be transferred if you sell your car. This is a huge feature to a prospective buyer when you’re trying to sell your car.
- Protects your savings in the event of an unforeseen failure
The warranties will generally cover the costs of those repairs, parts & labour. There are limitations – you must still pay for normal wear and tear items like new tyres, light bulbs and other general maintenance when required, but the warranty should cover those unexpected mechanical failures.
Most new purchases come with a 2 or 3 year warranty. You can arrange cover for your car or boat for up to 3 more years, commencing from the moment your manufacturer’s warranty ceases. Perfect for those who want to keep their car or boat long term, but without the worry of unexpected mechanical costs.
Sure, you’re buying a car that looks, smells and drives great. BUT, you have no idea how it’s the previous owner treated the car. Was it thrashed? Was it smashed? Was it serviced? (Read our tips on buying a car here).
You may like to consider a mechanical warranty for any used car or boat, even if purchased from a reputable dealer.
Find out more about Aussie Car Loans’ car insurance options or to speak with someone about insurance call 1300 769 999.
Don't be fooled by 0% car loans
It may cost you more than expected. Read the facts about the dangers of getting locked in to a 0% loan. Read more